Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Humanitarian Goals

My humanitarian goal is to help someone, who has a need, who is less fortunate than I am at least once-a-week.  Sometimes the things to do take several hours while others take only a few minutes.

Today, I taught a neighbor how to sew a bag out of some leftover cotton fabric print that I had on hand.  The inside of the bag is made from a coordinating color to match the outside.  The bottom of the bag is shaped like a box so that it holds more.  We sewed two pockets on the lining for her to store pens and pencils. The bag has handles on it, long enough for shoulder straps.  When we got done, she was so tickled!  I'm the one who benefited because it was worth doing something for someone and it made them genuinely happy!

My neighbor and I also cut out and sewed some flannel burp cloths for a special humanitarian project.  These burp cloths are going to be shipped to Church Service Missionaries serving at BYU-Hawaii.  They need 100!  My friend and I made a total of 8.
Posted by Christy Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment