Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Personal Health and Fitness Goals

I know that some people spend much of their time in this area (they are kind of what would be termed "fanatics") while others don't spend any time in taking steps to improve their physical health.  

I have to admit that I love sweets, especially chocolate!  So when I'm faced with a decision whether to eat it or not, especially in a social setting, I lose all of my will power and indulge.  It is also very hard for me to only have just one little piece.

My goal is to have more will power and only limit my intake of sweets all year around.  Some months are more difficult than other months, like February (Valentine's Day), March (Birthdays), October (Halloween), November (Thanksgiving), and December (Christmas and New Year's Eve).

Ger and I did much better this past Christmas season, and had very little sweets.  We do attribute our getting sick the first half of January because of eating sweets or overeating food -- the immune system gets compromised.

We bought a Jack LaLanne Juicer that grinds down vegetables and fruit to pulp.  We drink the juice -- it is delicious!  Our recipe is:  some whole carrots, a Granny Smith apple, a pear, cucumber (half), a couple slices of fresh pineapple and Whalaa!  It is fast to prepare!  It is easy to clean up!  We put whole foods into our bodies that give us the nutrients for building healthy cells.



Posted by Christy Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment